Gear & Facilities
- LUCAS™ 2 To save the lives of sudden cardiac arrest patients and avoid neurological damage, a steady supply of oxygen to the heart and brain is required. Life-sustaining circulation can be created through the effective and uninterrupted chest compressions of the electrically powered LUCAS™ 2 Chest Compression System. A safe and efficient tool that standardizes chest compressions, the LUCAS 2 frees up rescuers to focus on other life-saving tasks.
- LIFEPAK 15 The LIFEPAK® 15 is a state-of-the-art monitor/defibrillator that can help to save the life of a cardiac arrest patient. Powered by lithium-ion battery technology, it can monitor essential blood gases, guide CPR compressions and ventilations, and collect and transmit vital patient data. It can output 12-lead EKGs, which are used to identify arrhythmias of and life-threatening damage to the heart.
- EZ-I0 The EZ-IO® Intraosseous Infusion System provides first responders with immediate vascular access to a patient’s central circulation, delivering life-saving medications, intravenous fluids and blood products within seconds. With a specially designed cutting IO needle and small power driver, EZ-IO provides a rapid and smooth entry into the bone of a patient, creating an immediate conduit to the central circulation system. The EZ-IO is deployed by VRS, as well as the US Military.
- STRYKER POWER-PRO™ XT The Stryker Power-PRO XT powered ambulance cot is an innovative battery-powered hydraulic system that raises and lowers the patient with the touch of a button. The Power-PRO XT reduces spinal loading, resulting in fewer injuries. Its retractable head section allows the cot to be shortened in any height position for any patient for maximum versatility; the automatic high speed retract feature reduces load and unload times.
- MX-PRO® BARIATRIC TRANSPORT The MX-PRO bariatric transport features a wide patient surface and wheelbase, providing stability during the transport of bariatric patients. It is designed for existing entry thresholds, standard doorways, and exits for increased access. The design and mechanics of this bariatric stretcher maximizes the comfort of bariatric patients being transported and minimizes risk of injury to VRS staff responding to bariatric calls.
Providing the best service possible requires the best-equipped and trained personnel. We’ve come a long way since 1935, when our first ambulance, a converted hearse, was stored behind the U.S. Hotel on Valatie’s Main Street. Your Squad currently maintains 4 fully-equipped ambulances and Advanced Life Support first response vehicle. All vehicles are equipped to Paramedic levels, and are capable of supporting any medical need or other emergency short of hospital-level critical care.
Our one-story headquarters on Route 9H in Valatie has been our home since 1972. To foster the continued growth and quality of our services, we are actively trying to procure land within our community on which to build a new headquarters designed to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.